Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Styling Thick Frizzy Hair

I have thick hair that is prone to being frizzy. It's not too dry, but since I live in a high humidity area (humidity year round!), I need help. What I usually do is shampoo, condition, and use a ceramic flat iron to straighten. But, I want to get it right. I'd like to know more about the care of my wavy locks and how to style it better.


  1. Wash in cold water - it reduces frizz.
  2. Don't underestimate only using your fingers to style hair; brushes can add to frizz. Or, use a comb-pick.
  3. Style Products - many times, they are needed. Be sure to use a small amount, rub between palms, and evenly distribute on hair.
  4. Use the products right out of the shower on wet hair. Start at the end and work toward the scalp.
  5. Don't dry your hair by rubbing your hair with a towel. Instead, squeeze the water out into the towel but that's it.
  6. Play around with products: mousse, gel, etc. I do like Biosilk on wet hair.

What I'm noticing is that putting products on hair while it's wet is best. Then, blow dry with a diffuser, and if necessary, use a straightening iron. 

Also, find a stylist who has the same hair as you. He/she will understand your hair because he/she will have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment