Friday, June 3, 2011

And Something About Her Air... - Posture

I have a tendency to hunch. I know I shouldn't. I've thought about it in the past, but I keep on not standing straight. I'm going to try to make a conscience effort to have better posture. For one, it does make you appear thinnner.

According to Genevieve Antoine Dariaux in Elegance, slouching creates an image of discouragement with life, of being older than you actually are. Women tend to stand straight when trying on clothes, so don't be surprised if they no longer appear the same outside of the dressing room!

I love Elegance; it's filled with great ideas. But Dariaux's opinions do cause me to rethink how I walk. Whether we like it or not, we give off an image and theme when we go out in public. I really need to stand straighter and retrain myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment