Friday, September 28, 2012

Maggie Q's Workouts

I've always loved the Nikita line of movies and TV shows, so I was extremely happy that CW brought it back. I wasn't disappointed by the show or the stars. I love action movies/shows, especially ones, like Nikita, that inspire me to workout a little harder and with more focus. Maggie Q is amazing. This show isn't her first time to take on the role of action heroine.

I don't know about you, but I'm so interested in learning how she gets in shape. Maggie has done several interviews on the matter. I've scoured the Internet to find out how she does it. Here are her tricks.



The Workout
"To prepare for Nikita's demanding action sequences, Maggie followed a routine combining core exercises, plyometrics and martial arts," says the show's stunt coordinator, Jonathon Eusebio.
  • Power Yoga - she uses power yoga to give her both strength, flexibility, and endurance to continually perform the martial arts for the show.
  • Cardio Weight Training - pretty much do circuit training. Go at a quick pace with weights. It'll build muscle without bulking and get your heart rate up. Think of exercises like squats with weights. I like calisthenics with the weights. 
  • Cardio Intervals - so many trainers swear by this, and I've seen results from it. Do things like run for a minute, walk for 30 seconds and continue like this for 30-60 minutes. Same idea on the elliptical: one minute fast with resistance, 30 seconds normal.
Sources: here and here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi~ this is a very inspiring post~ can i repost this on tumblr? I'll highlight the source~ thx again.

    ReplyDelete